Choosing the best online music streaming service that works best for you can be time consuming. Sure, you get to play around with different apps and play top music hits, but the time wasted signing up for each service and then deciding it doesn’t work for you is annoying.
So, let our Hilton Head crew here at AIC make the choice for you. It’s easy, sign up for Spotify!
If you’re not sure what Spotify is, it’s basically like Pandora but with a larger library – 20,000,000 vs. 1,000,000 or so – and an easier way to find new artists through moods and genres, or keep connected with the ones you love. If you’re interested in the Pandora vs. Spotify debate, take a few minutes and check out why 66% of people say Spotify is better.
How Much Does It Cost?
It’s free to have Spotify on your computer and phone, but you’ll have to sit through the advertisement. There is also Spotify Premium, this option is $10 a month and you won’t have to listen to the annoying ads and you can listen to music offline. They allow you to try it out free for a month. Plus, Spotify like to give deals on their gift cards every now and again.
How Do I Create an Account?
- You can sign up through your Facebook account, as with most services today.
- If you’re opposed to that idea, you can always create a separate account with a different username.
What Can I Do With Spotify?
Answering this question is tough, because there is a lot you can do with Spotify. But here is a short list anyway.
- You can take advantage of apps within Spotify. Well, first of all with TuneWiki, you can get the lyrics to almost every song ever made! Furthermore, you can use their custom apps to follow things such as Rolling Stones recommendations and Billboards Top Charts.
- You can create playlists and share them among friends and family. You can make your playlists public and let your friends see what you’ve been listening to, but it goes deeper than that. You can link individual tracks, profiles, playlists, artists, albums, and you can even link specific searches you’ve made. You can also put on an invisibility cloak if you don’t want anyone to know what you’ve been doing on Spotify. Even better, with Spotify Family you can have up to five family members to jointly subscribe and stream music at the same time.
- You can check out new releases. Just click on the “Browse” tab and search through new music releases, news, top lists, and explore music via mood and genre.
- You can keep Playlists organized with folder. Just click File > New Playlist Folder. Then you can group songs by month, year, holiday, personal favorites; whatever your heart desires.
- Link to a certain part of a song. If you want to send someone a song and have it start at a particular point, you can sent them the part of the song you want them to listen to. Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click on the song and click “Copy Spotify URL”
- Paste the track into your search bar or a Plain Text editor.
- Add “#” and the timestamp after it, like so: #X:Y
We suggest you take a moment and check out all the things you can do with Spotify. For a complete guide, check out the in depth Spotify help center which will explain everything you need to know and show you how to get it all done!